May 11, 2012

Things 'N Stuff

Happy Friday, ya'll!  =)

As I mentioned last week, this is Teacher Appreciation Week. I'm a horrid parent and am only doing one gift, as my bank account hasn't learned the art of self-replenishment yet. I would LOVE to do all sorts of awesome things for the wonderful people that give so much of themselves to educate our children. I'm still waiting for the day when I'm independently wealthy....

Anyway, before I get to my teacher gifts, I wanted to quickly share the camera strap I made a week or so ago. I made it using a tutorial by Vanessa over at LBG Studio. The tutorial was detailed and super easy to follow. I whumped this little puppy up in no time flat. It was lots of fun and I actually managed to do some pretty straight stitching, which is no small feat for me!


I've been putting it to good use, and I absolutely love it!! I definitely will be making more of these!

Alrighty, on to the teacher's gifts. I absolutely loved the 'Sharpies' and 'Smarties' jars that Jessica shared over at little pumpkin grace. She has all sorts of lovely ideas that could keep a person busy for quite some time. Very inspiring!

I wanted to do my own little thing with the jars, and the following pics show what I came up with. Will gave it his seal of approval, so I figure that if he's happy, it's gotta be relatively okay. Right?!



Funny story about the safety pins: I was planning to punch a hole in the little cards and attach them with ribbon, but I couldn't find my hole punch for ANYTHING!! I was so stinkin' frustrated, because I knew it was lurking about somewhere, but I just couldn't remember where. I always hide items like that in a 'safe' place, so the kids don't get a hold of them and I know where they are whenever I might need them next. *snorts*  Yeah, right. I can never find it when I want to. So, I improvised and used safety pins to attach the cards to the ribbon. Guess what?! When I put June to bed tonight, I saw the hole punch on a shelf in her room. Why? My best guess is that one of the kids had it and I snatched it up in a hurry and put in the first place I thought was relatively safe. Make sense? No, not really, but it's the way things go in this crazy house. Oh well, at least it's been found!  =)







Honestly, I'm quite happy with how they turned out. I think they're super cute, and I always dig it when I can give a gift I've made.

Another project done! Time for bed! =)

Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and suggestions!! Thanks for stopping by! =)