May 31, 2012

Sneak Peek

So, I'm super impatient, and I couldn't wait to give a little sneak peek as to what's been a-shakin' in our bedroom this last weekend. In my last post, I mentioned a little something about Man Cave grey and a game room... Well... Here is a little look at what's been done so far:

It's definitely nowhere near completion, but it's so stinkin' awesome to have gotten this much done!! We both absolutely LOVE the grey {sorry, think I mentioned that one or seven times in my last post!!}, and Jon is stoked to be able to display his growing Nintendo/gaming collection.

Sorry for the not-so-stellar pic quality; I got the shelf up around 9:45 tonight. After sending Jon a pic at work, I had to take a couple for my own documentation purposes... ;)

I really want to make some gaming themed art for our room, and we've been keeping our eyes peeled for some awesome Mountain Dew art/signange that's affordable, but that's not working out so well. So, I had a brainy idea on Sunday... I could make a mini quilt using the design on the arcade's side panel for inspiration{see pic below}. I'm planning to trace the letters and applique them, with a green border and bright green binding. I'm hoping to match up fabric colors to the machine's colors as best as I possibly can... I think it'll be awesome. Now I just have to find time to do it.


I'm also thinking some pixelated Space Invaders artwork will be in the works, also. I've got a plan utilizing my Cricut and some blank canvases...

There you have it. A poor glimpse at an unfinished room. But we love it. =)

Before I sign off and go clean like a crazy woman, here are two kiddo side stories:

I was outside with Jack and June on Tuesday while Jon was mowing the lawn, and a big, fat earthworm was lazily making his way across the sidewalk. June spotted him and immediately scooped him up. She named him 'Snakey' and was delighted that he was squirming around in her little hand. At one point he must've tickled her... "Oh, Snakey," she giggled, "that tickles!!" A minute or so later, I caught her ripping a piece from one of poor Snakey's ends, so I quickly stopped her and we chatted about being nice to living critters. Well, the very next thing I know, her little knuckles were white and there were worm bits all over her hand. Poor Snakey had been dismembered. Will quickly found the bright side {from his perspective} by stating that now we would have even more worms to dig up for fishing.

Jon had to work tonight, and we were TOTALLY out of food. Like totally OUT OF FOOD. My poor children thought they were starving, so we made our way to the store. Taking the kids to the store by myself is not one of my favorite things to do. Call me chicken, coward, whatever, it's simply much easier to take one or none. Between rowdy discussions of the 'proper' way to say bologna {bo-lag-ney or bo-logg-naa}, a spontaneous funny face competition, and a minor dispute over whether or not to buy Lunchables, we were well entertained. The best moment, however, came while we were in the raw chicken isle. I was scoping out the whole chickens when I noticed Jack out of the corner of my eye... He was seriously studying a package of chicken wings that still had their bones/skins, and very delicately poking at them... "Whoooaaaa.... Look, mom!! Brains!!" It took some serious convincing on my part to get him to believe that it was chicken, not brains. I still can't figure out where on earth he would've come up with that. Oy.

Anyway, enough of that. Thanks for reading. It truly is super exciting to think that somebody actually reads my ramblings. Stay tuned... I've got some big plans for the future that include re-opening my Etsy shop and a giveaway... The giveaway will only be for those subscribing or following my blog, so if you haven't started following Jennie's Jewels yet, be sure to do so!! More details on that coming very, very soon!

In all seriousness, if you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or any other form of communication you wish to share, feel free to send it my way. It might take me a day or two to respond, but I promise I will. =)

Thanks again, and Happy Almost-Friday ya'll!

Jennie

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness, Jen! Jon raved about this room last night when I saw him. Super cool and can't wait to see it today!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and suggestions!! Thanks for stopping by! =)