May 6, 2012

Sunday Sewing

I managed to get a substantial amount of cleaning done yesterday, so I felt like I deserved a day of sewing. I was super excited to get started on my mom's gift for Mother's Day... =) The only problem with getting ahead is that I have a hard time being patient until it's gifting time!

Mom and I stopped at stopped into Goodwill the other day, and I picked up two vintage hand-embroidered linen arm chair covers for $.50 each. Seriously. I couldn't pass that up {never mind that I have a stash of these at home already}. So, I did some searching to see what might speak to me, and I found a lovely tutorial for a paper-pieced heart that was reverse appliqued. I raided my stash of fabric and this is what I've come up with...

{so pretty!}

{i used the home accents cartridge for my cricut to make the heart}

{used a ruler to draw the pattern based upon Craft Couture by T.C.'s tutorial}

{picked out my fabrics}

{traced my pattern onto freezer paper and started sewing}

{oops!! time to rip out some stitches!}

{yay! getting closer!}

{i was sure i was going to mess this up!}

{so amazed that i somehow managed to line it up almost exactly- that'll never happen again!}

{cut the excess linen out and phase I is complete!!!}

It's not done yet!! Just finished sewing some vintage buttons on it, and I've got to make and attach some backing... Stay tuned! =)

Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and suggestions!! Thanks for stopping by! =)